Snakes and Lagers.

I went downtown to Snakes and Lagers with Laz and AK. I think it was the first time I've been to that establishment as the only other boardgame cafe I have been to was Snakes and Lattes. We had a pretty good time playing Kingdoms and Cards Against Humanity. I had played neither before, and I found Kingdoms surprisingly fun. There's quite a bit of counting involved, but the scoring is straightforward and the tactics are fairly simple. I had never played Cards Against Humanity either, but it too was pretty fun even though there were three of us. I can see how entertaining that game can be with more players and more selection, although a lot of our responses seemed to be eerily similar to each other..

We were originally slated to meet up at 1930, so I spent the time before meeting up with KK who I had not seen in over two decades. It was good catching up, as he had a number of stories from way back when that I honestly don't recall. I have to verify with the parties involved, but some things do seem to stick with you as you age, and after meeting KK I realize how much of my past I've lost over time.

Also, he has a couple of books, so go and read them already.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London