There is a 90% chance of cancer.

Well, after an appointment with a second urologist (this time one that can perform surgery), I've been given some numbers as to my situation. It seems like I have 90% chance of kidney cancer. The fact that I have two tumors kind of push that number up, but let's leave it at that. I should get the tumors removed through surgery and there's a 95% chance that things will go without a hitch. There's a 90% chance that the cancer won't come back.

So the prognosis is pretty good. I was lucky that we caught this early. But, we have not even started the process yet so we can only stay optimistic.

My surgery for the first tumor is in a couple of weeks. It is good that I was able to get such an early time slot. Mostly because cancer is usually something that gets put up on the priority list. Then we will see how things go before we tackle the second tumor..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London