Off the drugs.

I stopped taking all of the painkillers and other drugs yesterday. I slowly ratcheted down the acetaminophen when I realized that most of the pain was gone. I proved myself right since I have not felt any real pain since stopping, although any sudden moves, heavy lifting, or sneezing will cause issues. I definitely have to stop from sneezing.

Apart from all of the constipation issues, the main reason I wanted to stop the pills was so that I wasn't always woken up in the middle of the night to remind myself to take these pills. They were great at the beginning because the painkillers let me sleep, but now, I'm just exhausted because I never get to sleep more than a few hours at a time.

I will admit that I am not always woken up by the alarms, but they clearly didn't help.

But apart from that, recovery has been going well. Everything seems to be healing properly and I look forward to getting a full night's sleep tonight. Hopefully get to eat regularly again, and I really should get back to showering..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London