On the path to regularity.

So I've stopped taking the hydromorphone a couple of days ago. The pain is much more manageable now with just acetaminophen although the main reason I wanted to stop was because of the constipation. A combination of the drugs and the low food intake has made my trips to the toilet unproductive. Even after taking senokot for days, nothing was coming out, and that stuff was supposed to work within 12 hours.

It was definitely not because of a lack of appetite. I do get quite hungry, but my stomach can only hold so much food now. I would estimate that I can only fit about 1/3 of the food that I could eat at a regular meal now. The tightness of my abdomen caused by the lacerations as prevented my gut from expanding during any meal, so it has made it quite difficult to put in any more food than can fit. Even with a smaller meal, I would fell tired and bloated afterward and need to sit down for awhile.

As a weigh lost technique, I would not recommend. 0/5.

Things started moving again last night, a day or so after I halted the hydromorphone, but it was a difficult journey and it will be some time before I become regular again. I do think that my recovery is progressing well though. The nurse came by yesterday to inspect my incisions and they all look clean and are healing well. The staples will come out on Tuesday.

I should fill in on the earlier days of the procedure since much did happen and I do not want to forget what conspired. There was quite a lot of stuff that went right, and despite the difficulties, things are progressing well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London