With the welts to prove it.

I went arching last night. It has definitely been a while. The beginner session on the 23rd was only a taste as I only got to shoot twelve arrows due to the lesson and time restrictions I had. This time, we were given full range to do whatever we wanted, and I went through a least a hundred arrows. That practice, plus the instruction helped me get back into the groove. However, the tab and arm guard also helped a lot. I got the tab because my fingers were starting to hurt - although it seems that if I was holding the arrow at my second knuckles instead of the first, I would not have been hurting my fingers as much. Secondly, once I got the tab I started to hit my arm repeatedly on the same spot, so the arm guard helped with flinching. I have a nice little welt right now on my arm. Yes, I know that you are supposed to rotate your arm. I'm not hitting the elbow or upper forearm - I'm hitting the middle of my forearm.

There were actually two other guys there who started the class with me. The others were regulars, although some have been there for less than a year.

We will see how things go over the next month. If I like how things go I'll keep doing it for probably the rest of the summer. Afterward, we'll see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London