Can I keep up?

Part of me is worried about fatherhood. Not the parts about dealing with pee, or poop, or puke, or those types of things (although I do think I will be losing a few lunches over the years), it's when the kids are in the tweens or teenage years. By then I will definitely not be a spring chicken. Would I be able to keep up with the constant demands and requirements of being a parent of children who are not quite ready to be left on their own, but may require more attention and effort than I can handle?

On Saturday I spent a few hours with one and ended up pulling both of my calf muscles and dealing with more sass than a beauty pageant full of valley girls. I have no problem dealing with it once a year, or even monthly. I can see it wearing thin weekly. How about daily? Hourly?

I believe that I will be able to handle it. I've been trying to stay healthy most of my life and I know I can physically keep up. I've been trying to keep sharp so I know that I can mentally keep up. I've wanted kids for a decade now so I know that I have the will to keep up. I just need to do it. Besides, it was fun playing with the kids. I hope I have just as much fun playing with mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London