Lindsay Bollywood Hockey

Today was a very busy day for me. I was to visit some people up in Lindsay, then head downtown to try out some Bollywood dancing for a birthday party, then have dinner and then rush back up town for hockey. All of this while avoiding the rain on by bike!

Little Britain
Well, the morning started off fairly well. I left the house at a reasonable time and so took my time visiting some places I wanted to see on the way to Lindsay. I swung by the Lakeridge Ski Resort (which was closed obviously), then rode through Port Perry, took a route through Little Britain, stopped at Jennings Creek Church, and then made it to the house.

Jennings Creek Church
I spent a few hours in Lindsay, having lunch at the Pantry Shelf, before bombing it down the highway to downtown Toronto to join up with a birthday party for a Bollywood dance lesson. We were told to show up before four since the lesson would start at four. I got stuck in traffic and arrived just at four. I was the second person there.

I think the construction and events taking place downtown was causing traffic chaos, which even impacted me on my bike. Transit was a safe choice. Anyhoo, the Bollywood dance lesson was quite a workout. We were not really warned to bring a change of clothes, so many of us ended up soaking our pants and shirts. At least everyone had fun.

Dinner was down the street at Little India, although it was faster to walk than it was to take the car. I was able to sneak by some of the traffic on my bike to make it to the restaurant right at the reservation time of seven. I was the first one there. Since I had to rush to make it to hockey, I decided to order first and order separately. That was a good idea, because by the time they had started taking orders for the group, I was already finishing my dinner.

I had to jet and head back up town to pick up my gear and car, but I did not make it out quick enough to miss the rain. I had forgotten that the rain was forecast to come down around eight, and.. it was eight. I was fortunate enough that the rain let up while I was actually on the bike for most of the trip back, otherwise it would have been a much more scary ride back home.

Hockey on the other hand was a bit of a disaster. I arrived early, and usually when that happens, we play poorly, and that night was no exception. We were missing some of our best players, and the dancing was much more of a workout than I had anticipated. I was winded by the end of my first shift. Ah well, there is always next week..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London