Flat Nail

I was ready to ride to work yesterday despite the cool temperatures. When I got on my bike, it refused to budge. I tried rocking it back and forth but move it did not. Even after starting the engine I couldn't get the bike to move much so I got off and checked the tires. The rear tire was flat. I was pretty annoyed, as I would have to spend time pumping the tire before I went to work. I noticed a stone that was lodged in the tread so I tried knocking it out.

It was no stone.

On closer inspection I noticed that the object was metallic. It was a nail. Crap. I must've picked it up during my ride on Saturday. I had no time to worry about it so I just drove to work instead. I called around to find out if there was anyone who would plug a tubeless tire and a number of places flatly refused or did not get back to me. I eventually found a place (for a relatively good price) but they closed at six, so I had to rush back home and across town to make it. I figured that I might as well get them to change my oil and filter (and check other things while I was at it). Considering that it would have taken me more time to do and much more effort on my part it was certainly worth the trip.

Although the trip back was painful, it took an hour to get back home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London