War Horse

MJNL and I went to watch War Horse tonight. Normally we would have ridden downtown to save on parking, but the rear brake on the motorcycle was pooched so I did not want to risk anything especially with a passenger. So we drove.

We found street parking really easily. I was surprised about how many parking spots were available on the street, and the prices were reasonable: $3.50 an hour. They were reasonable until I saw that paid parking was enforced until midnight. Normally on the other city streets, paid parking is only enforced until nine, but an extra three hours of paid parking will more than double the cost of parking on the street! I am glad I did not blindly accept the "max time" as the parking meters do not actually show how much money you pay until you've paid for that ticket. (If you manually increase the payment amount, you can see how much the ticket will cost, but clicking on "max time" just shows "OVERPAYMENT".)

In any case, MJNL had an app to show us various parking lots around the area and their costs, so we found a lot close by which was one third of the cost of parking on the street. Still, if I had my bike, I would have had the convenience of parking in front of the theatre and not needing to pay!

The show itself was pretty good. It tried to convey the horrors of war, especially the meat grinder they called "The Great War", without actually taking any sides in the conflict. It took a while to get used to seeing the actors playing the horses. I think Lion King's take on portraying animals was very well done, but their portrayal was a bit more cartoony than War Horse. We would like to watch the movie to compare though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London