Lactose: The Next Experiment

I am still in the middle of my experiment with using saline solution to prevent canker sores from forming, but I think I know the next experiment I want to run on myself: overcome my lactose intolerance. I want to do this mostly because lactose free milk is WAY more expensive than regular milk (especially if more people start drinking my milk), and I just do not like being intolerant in general.

I never had a severe intolerance to lactose, but I did notice that my system ran a lot better when I started drinking lactose free milk. However, I usually do not notice any issues when I eat ice cream, cheese, yogurt, or any other dairy products. This makes be believe that my system can tolerate lactose, but because I have been limiting it quite a bit (I used to drink a lot of milk) my system might not be quite ready for a sudden surge of lactose to my diet. I think I had a number of stomach upset episodes where I had a "large" (half a cup) amount of regular milk. It usually is mixed in with something else, like hot chocolate, or shakes, etc.

So here is the plan once the current experiment is over: Start drinking regular skim milk. That's about it. I think I will mix in regular milk with the lactose free milk for a while, and continue altering the concentration until I am drinking good old regular skim.

My wallet will also thank me in the long run.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London