Saline sucks.

So my experiment with saline solution to deal with canker sores has been a dismal failure. Now, I'm not sure if my application and approach was incorrect as there could be a number of things that I could have done differently when I use the solution. For one, I think my initial saline solution was too weak. For the first two days I added too much water which did two things: it diluted the salt, and I was only able to use a third of the solution to rinse. After a week, I decided to try something else: instead of rinsing my mouth with water after the saline rinse, I'd leave the salt in my mouth hoping that by keeping the sodium content high in my mouth that the antibacterial effects would last longer. Still no dice.

Well, maybe next time I'll go back to Listerine again just to make sure that was not a fluke.

Until then, I will be chewing on the left side of the mouth for a little while..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London