Second verse, same as the first.

Since I knew what I was getting myself into, I came a little more prepared and with a lot less stiff on hand. Few questions were required and I told the team that I joked that I fell asleep last time but won't be joking this time. Then I woke up.

The unit was on outbreak so I was wheeled into a separate room by myself.  This was convenient since I did not have to worry about a roommate, but in it also meant that no visitors were allowed.

Still, it mattered little since all I wanted to do was lie down and sleep. This time I made sure to ask for pain meds and used my eye mask which helped immensely since the room was very bright. I got better sleep, although it was still short and fleeting due to the numerous announcements on the PA.

I also paced my eating which prevented me from filling my stomach to the point that I could not physically put anything more in my mouth.

One major drawback with this session was the nausea. I didn't notice it the first time, but when they have me something to relax in the surgery room the room started to spin. Like up and down, and I had to close my eyes or concentrate really hard to stop my eyes from moving constantly.

This carried over into recovery. Every time I got the hydromorphone, I was hit by a wave of nausea. The first couple of times I was able to hold it in, and I was able to even drink some apple juice and vegetable consume (delicious the famished and parched), but by midnight everything came out.

It was interesting as it came out the same way that it went in, sweet and fruity, not acrid and smelly. I probably could have consumed the sick again, but I was not going to pull a one guy one cup thing. It was as if my digestive system was completely shut down and refused admittance. Clearly the food was not allowed to fester in my stomach.

I took that as a sign to just rest and sleep. I had lost my appetite anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London