Ambling around.

This morning I felt quite tired and lethargic, but was told that I'd probably be discharged today. I knew the drill, all the tubes get removed and I need to walk around a bit.

I was given more liquids for breakfast and this time it seemed as if the food stayed down. The catheter came out pretty early this time, which meant that I had to get up and walk.

Last time was quite the chore, but this time I stayed on top of the pain meds and even though the first walkabout was just as bad as I remembered it. After an hour rest the second walk was.. not bad. Then the third, fourth, soon I was walking about and even going to the washroom on my own. Mobility promotes mobility.

The pace of recovery this time was leaps and bounds above what I went through with the first surgery, and I attribute that to the pain meds keeping me in the game. In fact, I was confident enough to walk to the car when we left, which was a far cry from being wheeled out (in serious pain) last time.

I was even able to eat a little bit without getting stuffed. Things seem to be improving much better this time. We'll see how things go over the next few days..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London