Stitch and shot.

I got a laceration during hockey last night. I was down on the ice when someone's skate managed to get up over my shin guard and under my hockey pants.

I felt a sting and a bit of a breeze on my thigh, but didn't take a look until after the puck was cleared. When I looked down, I noticed a large gash in my hockey sock. I finished my shift and got onto the bench to take a look at my leg and noticed the 5cm cut on my thigh. The skin was split so I knew I needed stitches. It was quite annoying since we were close to finishing but I did not want to make it any worse so I headed to the hospital.

The emergency ward was mostly empty so I was able to get through to a doctor in less than an hour. They asked me about my tetanus shot and I think I was up to date, but they gave me another one just to be sure.

Now I have several stitches on my thigh which I need to take out in a week and a new vaccination booklet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London