Dead 'Coon.

I just noticed a carcass in my backyard. The location of the body was such that the camera was blocked by one of my trees so I could not tell how or when it got there. We also had a couple of warmish days just now so much of the snow melted, revealing the dead animal but I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out how long this wildlife buffet was around, seeing that there was not much left apart from fur, bones, and a smattering of meat.

Apparently the city will pick up dead wildlife from private property so long as the animal was at least as big as a racoon, but the owner would have to bag it and bring it to the curb first. Smaller animals are to be disposed in the garbage.

I could not tell initially what animal it was, but it was not small. When I got my bags out and took a closer look, I noticed the tail was striped, and concluded that this used to be a racoon. There was not much left, not even a head to speak of, so I just dumped it into my garbage bin. Pickup is in two days anyway, and there is no way the city will come by any earlier than that.

Oh, and happy new year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London