A little bigger, a little faster.

I upgraded my NAS this past week. I had found an article detailing how to expand the memory of the device and figured that it was worth spending time and money to try out. My NAS was running quite slowly due to the lack of memory, and I was running out of space on the drive itself, so I purchased a couple of 4 TB drives to go along with the new memory and voila! I have twice as much space, double the redundancy, and eight times the memory. I can even start running some docker stuff with all of this extra RAM.

Well, let's see how it performs over the next couple of weeks first. I have noticed a strange short on the USB port which may have been the reason that my external hard drive got fried. (Oh, I also got a new external hard drive for backup.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London