Broken replacement.

I got good news today. My replacement phone had come in! I was able to come and pick it up. Apparently my old phone was pooched so I needed to get a replacement phone. Unfortunately, we had a winter storm today so I was partially tempted not to go out to pick it up, but I really wanted to get my apps back so I trudged out to the store in the blowing snow/freezing rain.

I had no problem getting the phone. I had trouble getting my stuff restored. The first time I got the phone I forgot to go through the steps to restore from my backup. I reset the phone and could not restore from my back up. After calling Google support, I found out that I had to update the phone to restore from my backup. I started the upgrade process but needed to leave because the phone was dying and it was getting late. I got home to continue the upgrade process, but it seemed as if the phone was stuck in the upgrade process. I decided to do another factory reset and run the upgrade again. This time the phone immediately got stuck waiting for updates. I waited for a while before calling Google support again and found out that my phone may be locked out of updates. What.

My only options were to wait for the next update or bring the phone in to be replaced. Again.

Gah! So I have not restored my apps, and I should not have left the store!

In any case, I will see if the phone is in a better mood tomorrow - otherwise I will be looking for another replacement..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London