No picking!

For decades now I have suffered from regular nose bleeds. I know part of the issue is from my general dry nose and seasonal allergies, but I believe that the main reason for my chronic epistaxis is because I am a miner.

A deep, deep miner.

I tend to dig for those annoying nuggets that you feel way up in the cavity, and get a rush of exhilaration when I remove the offending rock from the passage and throw it away, never to be seen again.

Of course, my over exuberance has led to annoying gushers after I retrieve said rock, leaving me hanging my head in shame for the next several minutes while I let my blood do it's clotting.

In recent years, my nose has been bleeding on it's own, and it is bothersome and troubling both at once. Perhaps my nasal passages are so damaged from the years of digging that they will forever be prone to sudden releases of blood.

But I have decided to remove one factor contributing to my regular bloody releases. This is a long, long habit I have had and it will take some time to break it. I have been able to build up good habits before, like flossing, so it can be done. I've got the will power, so all I have to do is to resist the urge that will continue to come; the reflex that I must check; the need that I must deny.

As a side benefit, I may also reduce the (rather frequent) occurrences of various sicknesses that I have been suffering from for the past several years. My fingers are probably not the cleanest objects in the world..

So, let us see how far I get.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London