Not helping with the stereotype lady..

This morning while I was driving to work, I was crossing through a large intersection and watched as a car made a right turn into my lane. No problem, right turns on red lights are legal and I was plenty far away. However, the mini-van behind the first car did the exact same thing, with nary a pause, while I was already in the intersection travelling at the limit. Did the driver even look for oncoming traffic?

I leaned on the horn and the brakes and managed to stop less than a meter from the other car which, due to the commotion, basically stopped in front of me. In the driver's seat, a middle aged Chinese lady looked at me confusedly. WTF lady? She just drove off.

Had the roads been icy as it was originally predicted to be at this time, that lady would have been dead. I probably would have been a little slower, but I would not have been able to stop nor swerve in time.

No wonder why auto insurance rates are higher in this area. (Another reason why I like living downtown.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London