Blanket source, no heat.

Since my diagnosis last week, I had been thinking of what might have been causing my skin to react so badly. After thinking about it, I believe I have a source for my ailment. It could be the blanket I am using at my parents' place. The lesions started to appear soon after it got cold, and I started using a second blanket in the bunk bed room. During the interim period where no new symptoms appeared, I did not sleep over in the bunk bed at my parents' place, but once I started doing so again, at the end of the year the symptoms returned. In fact, since our return from Dubai, we have been staying there every day, and I had spent most nights in that room, and lesions had not spread to most parts of my body - particularly areas that become exposed - namely the lower legs, arms, neck, collar, and the waistline. There are some other spots that are not exposed, but much rarer.

Now, these bunk beds were normally used by my niblings when they come to visit and they have had a history of.. lack of hygiene. I have slept in the bed before, my times in fact, but had always taken a blanket from somewhere else. But recently, because I had no access to the blankets that I normally would have used, I grabbed what was available in the room. That is, the niblings' blankets. I doubt that those blankets were washed since their visit last summer, so whatever chemicals, pests, irritants that may have been rubbed off onto the blankets would have remained so..

Hopefully now that we're back in our own condo, with our own bed and blankets, and pillows these lesions will go away. Along with the itchiness that came with.

Oh, speaking of back in our condo, the first day we got back I found out that the heating units were not working. Our ventilation system was blowing out cold air. We do have some baseboard heating, but it was only in certain spots of the unit, and not enough to keep the unit toasty. Still, we can get by with a sweater and stay warm under the blankets..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London