Unexpected revisit.

I went to the hospital to visit Laz again. This time it was after the crisis was over, and this time I went with Fively. The extra company was good. I was able to use the HOV lane, and Fively was able to comfort Laz more than I could ever have. Hearing him recount the events from earlier in the week brought to mind the text that MJH sent to me on Monday. How shocked was I that things had gone from bad to worse so quickly. That I had only seen him the day before and he was in okay, if not good, spirits. Mind you, the events of that morning were quite worrisome, and it should not have been that much of a surprise to anyone that events could have turned this way. It was quite lucky for him though that he was in the care of a hospital when things unfolded rather than alone at his condo. How important it is to have a companion, especially if you have some sort of ailment.

As with the last visit I stayed for over two hours, the time ticking by unnoticeably quickly and only leaving the hospital because my stomach started to complain even more than normal. Growly's call seemed like the right time to leave anyway. It felt wrong to just leave Laz alone by himself, although while we were there, the patient in the adjoining bed did return or at least a new one had arrived to fill the vacancy next to him.

If he is still in the hospital next week, I will probably go visit one more time, believing that this should be last one before he finally leaves the hospital for good.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London