Ten years.

So it has been ten years today that I got my eyes fixed. I do not need reading glasses yet, but I am told that I will need them in ten years time. I certainly think that it was one of the best investments that I made. The fact that I did not have to purchase any prescription glasses in the past decade has helped offset the cost of the surgery. But more importantly, the convenience of not having to need to wear glasses all the time, to not go blind by walking into a warm humid environment from a cold one, to be able to go to the beach and not get lost, etc. is really something hard to put a price on. Indeed, for me these types of conveniences outweigh short term costs, and I do plan on enjoying these improvements for decades to come.

It has been ten years (plus three days) since I had my teeth rearranged. I really did not need to do this, because only I noticed my teeth issues. The improvements in convenience I gained by losing my glasses were slightly offset by the additional time and effort required to maintain my oral health after the implants. Although primarily cosmetic, I was worried about the impact my tipped teeth would have on the future of my mouth and although I do not think that it was as useful as an investment as my eye surgery, I do think that it still has merit in the end. Though I must admit that the cost was probably too high.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London