Feeling faint.

I had a serious bout of food poisoning yesterday and had to come home from work early. I'm now experienced enough to know when I'm about to get sick and with the drive home so long now, early detection is important.

In any case, as with other stomach bugs I had, my system got purged and I had no appetite. This time however, I didn't eat or really drink anything for the entire day, as I was trying to get some rest. That was a mistake now that I look back.

Late last night, I went to the washroom to brush my teeth and clean my tongue. I noticed that my tongue was bleeding at the back - possibly because of the stomach acid that I didn't properly clear out. As I was making that thought I suddenly had a slight migraine and felt really weak, so I sat on the counter. I felt so bad that I laid down on the counter to rest. This was not the most comfortable nor safe positions but I don't know how long I was there before I convinced myself that sleeping in bed was a much better idea.

I managed to get back up and into the bedroom but as I was closing the door, I felt weak again and light headed. I felt myself falling backward and hitting the wall. The next thing I remembered was being picked up my MJNL asking me if I was alright. I felt faint and I had broken out into a cold sweat. With help I managed to fall on the bed. I had to rest for a moment to turn myself over. It felt as if I had run a marathon.

I was quickly given Gatorade which I downed quickly and it helped quite a bit. I realized that I was suffering from low blood sugar and low blood pressure resulting my collapse. I'm guessing that it was a mild case of shock.

I'm feeling better now, but it was quite the experience. My brain wasn't functioning quite right at the time and the confusion could've gotten me into more trouble had I not thought of heading back to bed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London