I put my bike away..

I wonder where it's been?

This past Saturday I took my bike out to my dental appointment for one last ride this season. It was literally freezing cold and I was very glad I was not actually riding on the highway. Winds at 60kph where more than enough to cut through my gloves (and pants) and freeze my fingers numb after just a few minutes.

I spent the rest of the morning winterizing my bike, making sure that the fuel stabilizer was in, taking out the battery, and putting the bike on the stand. Too bad I had to leave it outside this year. Hopefully it will survive the winter. Prior years had the bike nicely stored in an underground (and heated) garage, so those years of pampering are over. It was also a little more annoying to perform those tasks outside in the cold. My fingers felt like limp sausages trying to work my tools to get the battery out.

At least it was dry and calm. Any later and I would have had to do all of this with snow on the ground, more potential wind, and much chillier temperatures. Waiting to the last minute to do things can lead to headaches, which is why I had my winter tires changed weeks ago, long before the snows came.

So unlike prior years where I could keep my bike stored underground in usable condition to take advantage of any warm breaks during the winter, my motorcycle is definitely out until at least next spring when my dad starts parking the car outside the garage again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London