Power outish.

I was driving on the highway, on my way home from badminton, and noticed some bright blue flashes in the sky. It was well into the evening, and there were clouds in the sky, but I could clearly make out some bright blue flashes. I counted several pulses before they stopped. I thought that it could have been lightning, but it did not look quite right. I also considered that it might have been a transformer explosion, but it seemed too high in the sky for that.

Well, I got a call on my phone, which I was not able to pick up just after the flashes stopped. I found out later that it was MJNL calling me to tell me that the power was out. I discovered that for myself as I drove into my neighborhood. On the block just before I got to my place, the whole neighborhood was pitch black. So it WAS a transformer explosion! How unfortunate that it had to be us. Fortunately enough, the power came back soon after I got into the apartment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London