The Rising Crescent Sun.

I got up early this morning to watch the partial eclipse. It is a pretty rare occurrence for us to get an eclipse in the city and an even rarer one to catch one at sunrise or sunset. I only heard about this yesterday, but resolved to get up early to catch the sunrise.

Our house is not at a good spot for watching sunrises or sunsets. Instead, I rode down to the bluffs to get a better view. It seems as if I was not the only one, but I stayed on the top of the bluffs, hoping that it would be less busy than at the marina.

The camera on my phone was not good at picking up the shape of the sun unfortunately, I was able to watch the sun rise and was surprised to see two separate points of light rising from the horizon. It explains why my sunrise calculation was off. It was quite remarkable to see the shape of the crescent sun near the horizon. However, after a minute, the light from the sun overwhelmed my phone so my pictures only shows a blob of light.

Still, I enjoyed the experience, and considering how nice the weather was, would have regretted not trying to go see myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London