Still the same girl.

It has been four years but the kid is still the same as ever. A little bit of ice breaking was required, the pool being that ice breaker (every time it seems). I do enjoy a little dip every now and then, and I do not mind sharing the pool with a few rowdy teens. Although I think she was "accidentally" throwing to me on purpose just to get my attention. I ended up getting sucked in, along with a couple of other adults, but I think I took the brunt of the abuse. Thanks to the three girls, I certainly ended up with very sore pecs by the end. I had no idea how I would play hockey afterward.

I do not know if the other two girls remembered me, but she sure did. Over the past decade the MO has always been the same. She spent a lot of time talking about herself, asking questions, and wanting to show off stuff in her room and around the house.

"I think she has a crush on you." LH said. I brushed it off. I'm sure if anyone paid any attention to her she would have done the same thing.

She lamented the fact that other adults who used to play with her have moved on. Mostly because they started having children of their own.

"I probably wouldn't have come downstairs if my friends didn't come." she said. I wonder how the night would have turned out if that had happened. A lot more calm and a lot less sore I would imagine.

It is nice to just relax and forget about your responsibilities for a while. Yes, she is still a child in that way, but I could already see in her eyes the transition into adolescence. Like in the way she communicates with her friends on the phone. Her sister is already there, in fact she had already started moving on the last time I visited.

I'll give her a few more years. Then she'll start ignoring me too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London