Splinter thumb.

So this seems to be my life now: Less riding, more gardening. We have been spending the past couple of weeks managing our gardens, which are basically both our front and back yards. There is a lot of fauna on our property and it attracts a lot of flora. This past week we saw plenty of birds, a beaver, a snake, a gopher, a rabbit, in addition to the usual squirrels, ducks, raccoons, etc.

A week!

I'm sure we will be seeing a lot more different animals popping up in and around our lawn over the coming years..

In any case, today was a great day to go out for a ride. Except that I did not. I did not even try to get the bike ready for the season. I had a lot to do in our yards. We still have a lot to do in our yards, but I think once we get the hang of it, things will get a little easier. Along with digging up trees we don't plan on keeping and hiring students to do the grunt work (like raking leaves). We'll get our feet wet this year and figure out what we can and cannot manage.

This is the new normal..

Oh, I got jabbed by the last of the berberis that managed not to get carted away by the landscaper. I was able to pull out most of it, but I still have a splinter of the spike still inside my thumb. It doesn't bother me that much, so I've left it. For now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London