Invasion Repelled.

I was a recruit; part of a force that was invading some alien structure or planet. I was with team of ten or so other recruits lead by an army veteran who was training us. We were all issued standard space uniforms as well as energy rifles. The enemies we were facing were all humanoids that were dressed in green garb and were easy to take down. I entered the room that I was assigned to and quickly dispatched the occupant before it had a chance to fire back. Mind you, our main invasion force had already gone ahead and cleared out the bulk of the enemy forces. We were just there for cleanup.

As we cleared the level, we began to muster in the foyer area. The room was large, spartan, and brightly lit by white light from the walls and ceiling. Our squad, led by our team leader, was lined up in single file on one of the many elevated platforms in the foyer. There were dozens of other squads in the area, all recruits, all lined up in single file waiting for the order to advance to the next level. We had already gone through several levels with virtually no resistance and our morale was high.

While we were standing around at ease, a couple of unknown humanoids, dressed in dark grey armoured suits entered the foyer and approached us. We all held our fire, and the two unknowns came up to us with no ill intent. I guess they were either freed by us, or allied in the fight against these green clad aliens. Two more humanoid creatures, this time in a light grey suit entered the foyer from the opposite end and approached our column. I lowered my rifle and offered a handshake, which was accepted. It seems as if we had friends here.

A call was then made over the radio that the vanguard force had started to penetrate into the next level and we were put on alert. Our leader was informing us that the lead force was encountering little resistance. But just as soon as he finished saying that, he was told that he was being called out to the front, and that we would stay behind until further orders were assigned. As he left our group, I saw that the leaders of the other recruit squads also started making their way to the entry point to the next level. This did not look good.

I noticed that a bandstand was being set up in the foyer for a concert of some sort, to celebrate the success of the invasion, so I broke away from my squad and headed to a crawlspace next to the level entrance so I could see what was going on. When I poked my head up to look, I could hear screams from our soldiers which quickly escalated as the sentries positioned to guard the entrance were quickly dispatched by whatever force was coming up the stairs. I saw some new aliens, this time all covered in black armor coming up out of the entrance and laying waste to our forces. I had a bead on one but decided not to fire - from what I can tell even if I got this one, the others would be alerted to my presence and I would have been quickly dispatched. I decided to play dead. I watched as pairs of these black clad aliens passed by my crawlspace, one or two even looked in, and continued on.

These new creatures were not even all the same, some had glowing eyes, one looked robotic, another was cloaked. None looked easy to take down, so I stayed low and kept quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London