Uncommon first names.

I do enjoy having an uncommon first name. Makes it easy to determine if someone was talking to (or about) me or not. However, a good portion of the people I know have fairly common English names or variations thereof: Stephen, Michael, David, Brian, etc. So I sometimes need to be careful when talking about someone so that the person I'm talking to knows who I am actually talking about, because just discussing someone's situation doesn't always makes it obvious who I am talking about.

Last night was a case in point. I will not repeat what I said but I just wanted to send myself a reminder to be more specific in my conversations as to not sow confusion in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London