Dead Heat.

I had a strange dream this morning. I recall running around with MJNL inside a game. It felt like an enclosed area, except I couldn't see the ceiling and to my right were boxes that reminded me of Minecraft. To my left it looked like a curved wall that looked like the night sky except it had text being displayed repeatedly in large block letters.

There was an announcement that the game was changing and those that were still inside would need to get out, or bad things would happen. MJNL and I were running to find some sort of shelter and came across furniture and other box like objects that were stacked in various large orderly piles and I directed MJNL to climb up on the tallest one. I was hoping that we'd be able to keep ourselves save at the top by having the high ground.

Unfortunately, as we hopped from box to cushioned crate, I realized how unstable the structure was, as it wobbled and shook with every step we took. I tried my best not to have the whole pile topple from under us but according to the wall, we had virtually no time left to do anything else.

Then some people streamed out from a door sized hole in one of the walls. One came up next to the pile that we were standing (precariously) on and motioned for us to follow. We both hopped down to the bottom and quickly slipped into the wall entrance and found ourselves in some room that was quickly barricaded.

One of the walls had bars that faced the hallway that we entered, and no sooner did we close off the way in did a little girl about three feet tall come rushing in. She looked gray, a little filthy, not all together there, and had a small knife. In fact, she was wielding many knives. She tried thrusting her knife through the bars, but I dodged her attack and backed away in to the relative safety of the room.

In the distance I could barely make out the figures of many more children who seemed to be on some sort of hunting spree. The unarmed adults were fighting for their lives.

Oh so that was the game.

The room was some sort of safe house so I felt no obligation to participate. I decided to hole up in the room until whatever time limit had expired.

Soon enough the heat was over and the scores were announced. Those who survived collected points. Those who killed collected more points. I didn't see anyone getting killed myself, but I sure as heck didn't want to get stabbed.

Soon, I found myself outside of a building on some sort of scooter. It seems as if some of the adults were able to bring in some contraband into the game: weapons, vehicles, etc. I wanted to get my scooter in so that I could outrun anything that could hurt me, but I felt that I was not going to be able to make it into the game on time. I felt the pull of the game (what is this, Gantz?) and I needed to get in before it started, but I was going to be too late..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London