Keeping track of files.

I haven't been able to find some sort of software solution to keep track of my files. I should explain. I, like many people, keep a folder of files that contain installation programs for the various drivers, software, etc. that I use on my computer. Maintenance of this folder is manual, and considering that the file names are usually a little obscure, keeping track of what file does what requires either renaming the file, placing it in a specific subfolder, or keeping track of the description in a text file in the directory (which I do - which is a laborious manual process).

I would like some sort of software that will automatically refresh the folder listing with a database of information about what each file does, and if changes have occurred since the last refresh. I am sure something like that must be around, or if not, easy enough to code?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London