Reliance on calculators.

I made an order for delivery last night and the estimated delivery time was 90 minutes. Ninety minutes! Madness! I called the restaurant to confirm the delivery time and asked how long it would be if I came to pick up the food. She told me 15-20 minutes. I figured that I might as well save my self a few bucks and an hour of hunger if I went to pick up the food myself, so I headed down the the restaurant.

When I got there, she told me that she would take off the delivery charge of $2.99 from the $27.28 bill. I paid by card and the amount that came up on the device was $24.38.

Uh.. Mathematically speaking: That ain't right.

I tried to explain the the girl that if you subtract three from 27.28 you get 24.28. But she was persisted saying that,
"I put it in the calculator."
I wanted to introduce her to the concept of GIGO. I was ready to argue over my 48 cents (there is also tax applied to the delivery charge) but I figured that it was not worth the time, effort, and continuing hunger pains.

But considering how low interest rates are, 48 cents is a lot of money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One of a kind escape to drinks.

Ring around the Clover Mite

Back from London